OK, Its been lies and nightmares form the beginning but now they're in direct violation of USA laws and my states laws.

I cant begin to list the issues-but BEWARE!They'll connect you to customer service in the Philippines who will lie.

They'll tell you you're able to pay online 24/7 365 days of the year, but everyone you speak with will give you different explanations about "when those payment will be applied to your account" .My loan due date is the 9th. I paid on the 9th but the payment wasnt applied until the 12th-Still it was paid in full for the amount due and owing.They slapped $115.19 late charge on top of the bill added another $100.00 called

"Miscellaneous" which no one can explain or make an accounting for. Prior month also in full on time. Truth IS each of the departments in the USA have different hours, days of operations and closed days as well as time zones.

No One person will say the same info. Contract terms signed for they'll say have been amended. They'll say your payment cut off time is per the nearest office to were you live (I live in HAwaii, so that Texas 3 hour time difference), then you'll be told when the payment isnt as they promised sorry its "central standard time", when they still dont apply the payment, someone else will say, Sorry all payments must be processed before 1pm Eastern Standard Time (thats 7 am MY TIME...before my own banks are open) obviously you cant believe anything anyone tells you, and nothing in the written terms of your account statement or your loan contract. They have an "answer for everything" which allows them to break the laws and exceed the usury limits, violate truth in lending regulations.

This can be a very shady company, where you'll experience the full range of games, shams and scams depending on who you deal with in which office.I have no choice but to pull in out side help to help me uphold my consumer rights.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Deceptive business practices
    • False information
    • Lack of consistency

Reason of review:
Will require my states attorney general to step in and protect my rights
Preferred solution:
Price reduction
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Ally Bank Auto Loan
Review category
Financial Services
review #721945 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ally Bank? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 4 No 4
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 09 #1141769

"Work with"? What is there to "work with"? Oh, I want to pay at the last minute and then cry because you gave yourself a late charge. Extra charges? Every time YOU are late, YOU generate late fees and extra interest for them. The remedy? Properly manage your account. Pay on time and not at the very last second. Thousands of people do just that and they NEVER have any problems with them!

0 0 Reply

Nov 11, 2015 #1062188

It's common practice to post the following business day, whether your payment falls on a weekend, then proceed to it being posted on the following Monday. This is common sense. I would recommend that you don't wait until the due date to send your payment. That would avoid the late charges (which is your fault).

0 0 Reply

Nov 11, 2015 #1062505

Thank you for adding to the discussion.
Yes of course your comment is indeed "Common sense".
No, I dont wait until the last minute, and did at the time of contract carefully review the details of due date, "Past due",
contact info, etc.etc.
All has changed since the original purchase.
Unfortunately as was the gist of many comments here, you wont ever be told the same thing twice. Sadly the customer service reps dont simply come out and say (perhaps honestly) :"I dont know the specific terms of your contract, late penalty time line, and such, let me direct you to where you can find out". As a follow up, I was directed to "an" Accounts department within the USA after repeated requests to find a person capable of reviewing my history and charges with me. It turned out to be a "work out" or "accounts resettlement" department with narrow specific Duties related to write off, or work out negotiations for those who've been repo'd. The rep in that department actually HUNG UP ON ME. This is NOT a company you want to work with.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.