I am appalled to see commercials that Ally Bank supposedly do right by the customer.What a crock.......my 18 yo son got a lease on his truck which happened to be through this so called "bank" .

Related: Ally Bank - Maximum Excess charge

He had worked hard and had a down payment and his dad helped him get the financing. This winter he was in an accident and the insurance totaled the truck. Ally has on the back of the lease agreement in fine small print that they will keep ALL insurance money......so they got paid for what he owed on his truck PLUS kept the money from the equity from his down payment!!!! They don't need it and won't give it back to him!!

That is the money HE used for a down payment, not Ally's!! What a terrible, terrible bank!! You make me sick!

Why don't you do as you say in your commercials and do the right thing!!Give him back the difference THAT IS RIGHTFULlY HIS MONEY!!

Review about: Ally Bank Auto Leasing.

Review #1020100 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Ally Bank Auto Leasing
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ally Bank?

Comments

Nazareth, Pennsylvania, United States #1314336

I'm appalled to see an alleged commercial period they don't do right by anyone but themselves they are crooked fascists communists they ought to ship them to north Korea

You don't know what you're dealing with.Why in the name of time would even, for one split second, go along with a CAR FLEASE?

Any CAR FLEASE is an excellent deal for the dealer with much more profit than a buy. That extra profit comes from the person who was SHEARED in the FLEASE! Secondly, you talk about "equity". Your son did NOT own the car!

Therefore there is NO equity! He did not own the car because it was a CAR FLEASE! Getting a car via a CAR FLEASE is the WORST way to obtain the car. It is so bad of a deal for the consumer, no recognized family financial advisor has ever recommended getting into a CAR FLEASE!

Next time, stay away from such a purely garbage deal.All you need to remember is somebody gets "sheared" in a CAR FLEASE and that "someone" is certainly not the car dealer!